Sunday, July 18, 2010

Penny for your thoughts

A penny for your thoughts, they say. You're especially on my mind today
As I remember the day you came, my treasure can't be taken away.
I hold you dear, so close to my heart, just as I did from the start.
I am held by the One Who holds, you my son, so we're never really apart.
From the moment we knew that we would dress you in blue
Until the time came that He called out your name, His Word remained true.

A penny for your thoughts, they say. Many a debt I could pay
With all the times you've been on my mind, never far away.
Yet how rich am I to have held and known such a gift from God alone.
Even though, too soon we thought, He had to take you back home.
You left your mark, right on our hearts, when we first saw your face.
Somehow all along, your little lifesong, will sing of His goodness and grace.

I really can't believe that it's been 5 years. We took sunflowers today to the cemetery but I'd like to think of them as "Sonflowers." It is because of the Son that I have any hope at all, and because of Him that I am even able to get up in the mornings.
I seem to do better on Pruitt's birthday than on his going home day. These in-between days are the harder ones. I guess that's normal. But today, I thank the Lord for the blessing He gave us 5 years ago. That in itself is all a story to tell, for the Lord has done great things for us. What a testimony his little life has!
"...everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." Isaiah 43:7
Happy Birthday, Baby Pruitt









No comments:

Post a Comment