Saturday, April 4, 2015

Wait Till You See How It Ends

I absolutely LOVE a good book or movie-especially with a plot twist. You know the ones: The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn or The Village by M. Night Shyamalan. What about The Sixth Sense? Or maybe one of those girly movies (that I also love!) where after all the ups and downs and disappointments, the guy does get the girl. Then there's those books I love, like one of my favorites by Ted Dekker called Three. You'll just have to read it- I'm not giving it away.

What I love more is watching the movie a second time, with someone else who is seeing it for the first time. Or giving them the book after I've read it. The excitement is almost too much to take! I can't wait until they get the the end! And I hate spoilers, so there's no way I'm going to ruin the surprise! I just want them to finish so we can talk about it!

Yesterday, as I was flipping channels, I found The Passion of the Christ of television.  I've seen it before, but kept it on the channel for a while. Peyton came in, watched a little, then changed the station. I left the room, and came back to find him watching it again.
We didn't finish the movie, but as it was playing, this thought occurred to me: "Wait till you see how this ends!"

It is a hard movie to watch, seeing with not only our eyes but also our hearts, what Christ did for us, and how much pain He took on for us.  Then just when it looks like death had won, Jesus is resurrected! But even when you get to the end of that movie, it's still not THE END!
When He returns to take us home, it's still not over- that is just the beginning!

I also thought about all the suffering and pain that we go through. SO MANY are enduring things tonight that bring hurt, heartache, and what appears to be defeat.
Addictions, death, a diagnosis, loss, fears, failures, destruction, unfaithfulness, exhaustion...we both know the list is endless.

BUT WAIT. 
Just wait till you see how this ends. 
Don't give up.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. You can face tomorrow. 
I know it's a song many may sing, tomorrow, in fact.

But it's more than a song. It's TRUTH. 

Spoiler Alert!
Christ overcame death. Defeated death. Punched death in the face. He squashed death under His foot. 
OH! Death, where is your sting?

Because of this, we have HOPE.
And because of that hope, just wait till you see how this thing ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment