Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wrestling

"For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere." 
Ephesians 6:12

Tonight I wrestled. 

If you've read the books This Present Darkness or Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti, you have seen the clearly painted picture of the spiritual warfare that surrounds us. If we could actually see what goes on around us, I'm sure we would be terrified at both the angelic and demonic.
After Pruitt passed away, I dealt with a season of spiritual warfare. It wasn't a specific occurrence but more of an ongoing battle of Tug-of-War. Thank God, He won.

Tonight, I felt I got caught in the middle of a battle again. 
I had posted a link to the Passion conference on Facebook but made an accidental error in my typing. A friend clicked on the link, thinking she'd watch some of the sessions and when she did, it was a horrible page with an awful picture. She immediately called me to let me know.
As soon as she did, I went on and deleted the post. I was sick. I was angry. I was upset- very upset. I posted an apology for anyone who may have tried to open it.
Later Jason texted me asking about my apology post, and then reminded me that it's no wonder with Passion going on, and their platform being on ending the sex slavery industry, that Satan would use whatever means he could to try to fight against that movement that Passion stands for. With 60,000 in attendance at the conference and way more than that watching online, Satan was not happy at the worship of our God that has been taking place this week, much less the lives added to the kingdom and those being freed from the chains of slavery in our own country.

As I continued to watch the live stream from tonights session, the tears streamed down my face. I was so mad that someone would use such a similar site address for their filth. I was upset in general over my mistake. Also, as sick as I was over it, I wondered how upset God gets over my own sin. How many times have I mocked or done and thought things just as degrading? 

The session was closing and Chris Tomlin was closing with a song which includes these lines: 
"You crush the enemy underneath my feet.............. And nothing formed against me shall stand"

We do fight against the rulers of the darkness in this world, but I am so glad that "The God of angel armies is always by my side." Grateful that He used a friend to help fight the battle tonight and my husband to encourage me and remind me Whose side I am on.

"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet." Romans 16:20

No comments:

Post a Comment